It goes without saying that a wedding is a romantic time in one’s life. But if you really want to take the romance factor up a notch, here are a few ways you can make your big day scream ROMANCE:
- Write your own vows – people (and your partner) are especially touched when it comes from the heart. A personable vow will probably add to the tears in the crowd, but that’s a good thing.
- Go old school and feminine with your decor – think imperial romance (pictured here – set designer and planner, Events by Elena, and originally created for Wed Luxe magazine). The details, florals, colours and textures of this soft and fancy look, automatically sends out romantic vibes.
- Surprise your partner with a gift the night before, or the morning of the wedding – sometimes it can be hard to remember that a wedding is in fact, to celebrate the bride and groom’s love for one another, not just to throw a party. It’s nice to present a thoughtful gift to your partner in the midst of all the commotion.
- Surprise your partner with something during the wedding – the element of surprise is almost always considered romantic, that’s why you see it so often in romantic movies! Think of something that will make your partner smile, and make it part of the celebration.
- Candles, candles, candles – and if your venue doesn’t allow them, swap with flameless candles (they still definitely do the trick).
Photo credit: AGI Studio