It could be argued that most weddings these days are in some shape or form are, “unconventional”. Weddings are more and more customized and there really is something for everyone. If you’re looking to mix it up a bit, here are some fun ideas —and if you want some visuals, visit the “Fun. Unconventional. Wedding Inspo” board on our Pinterest or try some of these:
- A non-white dress: Pale pink, light peach or light grey are super pretty options and there’s a really great selection out there.
- A cake that stands out, whether it be through pops of color, rich textures or interesting shapes.
- A wedding ring or engagement ring with color. David Yurman has a gorgeous selection.
- Bridesmaids outfits that don’t necessarily fit the mold of the traditional look – think trendy night on the town outfits, or have them all wear a leather jacket over their formal wear to spice up the photography.
- Balloons as centerpieces – if done right – set high enough so guests can see each other, and a sophisticated selection of colors, it’ll result in a really fun and impressive (and cheap!) decor alternative.
- A pancake station as the midnight sweet table. Served with coffee and all the usual add-ons, it’s unexpected but still fits within the deliciousness of a sweet treat!